Monday, June 6, 2011

How to change blog settings on my Wordpress account?

I have a free wordpress blog, and I want to display the first few paragraphs of my most recent posts, with a read more button to go to the post.

If it's possible I want the most recent post to be the full post, then when a new post is made, it gets shortened to the paragraph. And the most recent post becomes the full post.How to change blog settings on my Wordpress account?
Unfortunately, you can't edit the Wordpress.com themes.

However, there is something you can do: first, add the ';read more'; separator line in your older posts except your last one. This way, you will have one full post (your most recent) and all the others restricted to paragraphs by the ';read more'; line.

After that, when you publish your next post, edit the previous one and insert a ';read more';

This should do it.



Hope it helps.

happy blogging,

Steven from TNTBase.com

No comments:

Post a Comment