Monday, June 6, 2011

Just bought a 20' wide screen monitor, how do I changed the resolution ?

Hi



I've just set up my new 20.1' LG 'Flatron Wide' and when I change the display settings to different resolutions it fits the whole screen. The main reasion for buying widescreen was that I could have to 1024 page open at the same time, so how can I make the view so it doesn't fill the whole screen ?



ThanksJust bought a 20' wide screen monitor, how do I changed the resolution ?
The higher you set the resolution the smaller the items will appear on the monitor, and the higher the quality. In your display properties -%26gt; settings you can also change the color quality. You should set this at it's highest available level which will also provide you with a better quality image. Your video card actually detects the monitor settings available and transmits that information to the Windows OS so you can adjust the settings. On my wifes computer I actually have the resolution set lower than possible because she doesn't like the small icons. I like to have more real estate to work with so on my computer the resolution is the highest possible. You'll have to fiddle with it to see what you like best.Just bought a 20' wide screen monitor, how do I changed the resolution ?
check your settings on your os
You want the desktop to fit the entire screen. That is a good thing.



Set the desktop resolution to the native resolution of the panel - probably 1680 by 1050.



Then if you want multiple windows visible on the desktop you need to not maximize them. On the bar across the top of the window, next to the X close icon is a icon showing overlaying boxes. Click on that and then you can drag the corners and edges of the window to make it as big or small as you want.



If you want to open up multiple Word/PDF/etc. documents, then do the same thing, but to the sub-windows withing the application window.

No comments:

Post a Comment