Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Help! Windows upgraded, and no longer supports my display driver?

My Acer Extensa 5630Z Laptop computer installed with 32 bit Vista Home Premium updated ( I don't even know what it updated) and then apparently stopped supporting my graphics card or driver. All of my screen savers won't work. I get this message:



';The screen saver can't run because it requires a newer video card or one that's compatible with Direct3D.';



When trying to change my display settings I get this message:



';The currently selected graphics display driver can no be used. It was written for a previous version of windows and is no longer compatible with this version of windows.



The system has been started using the default VGA driver.



Please contact your hardware manufacturer to get an upgraded driver, or select one of the Microsoft provided drivers.';



Systems info says my display is a Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family I've updated the driver for this and it did nothing.



Every once in a while, my computer will quit displaying and then restart. A pop up message tells me my driver quit and recovered.



Does anyone know how to fix this?Help! Windows upgraded, and no longer supports my display driver?
the geek squadHelp! Windows upgraded, and no longer supports my display driver?
Upgrade your graphic drivers too !! Just visit your card manufacturers site and down 64 bit drivers ( those are vista compatible) and install them ... That must solve the issue.... Better similarly upgrade your mobo and audio drivers to 64 bit versions ... more on drivers ....



http://pcgyaan.wordpress.com/2009/01/16/

No comments:

Post a Comment