Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Why do my computer's display settings keep changing?

There are two user accts. on our home computer. This is only so we can personalize our display settings, since my eyesight requires the fonts be larger than the ';normal'; settings, and my fiance prefers smaller fonts.

It WAS working fine until just recently. Now, EVERY single time I switch users to go onto ';my side'; of the computer MY settings are what his were changed to. Same thing happens when he switches to his side, he has to reset all his display settings again because they've changed to my settings. What gives??? It's not really that big of a deal, but it is a pain when you're in a hurry! Any ideas how to fix this, to keep each user's preferences as they are set?

We use Windows Vista, btw.

Thank you!Why do my computer's display settings keep changing?
This is odd, they should stay personalized per user. Check the Users folder and be sure that for each account there exists a folder (one for you and one for him). I am not 100% sure but I don't believe Microsoft implemented a way to override each user's settings. Try completely logging off each user account and then rebooting the computer. My only other suggestion would be to contact the Manufacturer of the computer for some assistance as this is highly irregular.

No comments:

Post a Comment