Tuesday, May 31, 2011

On Windows, how to set my dual monitors vertically, by default?

When I plug my laptop in at the office, I have an LCD monitor stacked vertically behind it, on a riser. I change display settings so that the mouse runs vertically between the monitors, which works great.

The only thing is when I plug in, it always defaults to horizontal, left to right, so each and every morning I have to personalize my display settings to change the orientation.

Is there any way at all to make vertical the default? A small utility program? Anything? It's only about a minute each day but it annoys me and it sure seems like something that could be fixed.On Windows, how to set my dual monitors vertically, by default?
This could only work if your video card software (not drivers) supports multiple profiles.

I know that my ATI drivers on my work PC has this option, and it works great... but it will depend on what you have for software and drivers.

No comments:

Post a Comment