Tuesday, May 31, 2011

How do I change my display name in Yahoo Mail?

I would like the name that is displayed on my email address to

change. It used to be my name, but I went into my account settings and changed it to something more anonymous. When my emails are

displayed in other people's email inboxes, I don't want my full

proper name to display but I want my Yahoo ID to display, for my

privacy/security.



I made this change 2 days ago but it has not been udpated, and the old name still shows when I send emails. Help. Thank you!How do I change my display name in Yahoo Mail?
You will need to also change your name in the Mail Options menu.

CHANGE YOUR YAHOO MAIL DISPLAY NAME

For Yahoo Mail, you can change your ';From'; name in the Options menu.

1. Click on the ';Options';, Mail Options link in the upper right of your yahoo mail page.

2. When the options page opens, scroll down the middle column and click on ';General Preferences.';

3. At the top of the form that opens, click in the box across from ';From.';

4. Delete what you have there, then enter your email address or whatever you would like displayed in outgoing mail.

4. Go to the bottom of the page and click the ';Save'; button.How do I change my display name in Yahoo Mail?
To change how your name appears in other peoples’ incoming mail.



For “yahoo mail classic”

1. Click Options in the upper-right corner of your Yahoo! Mail page.

2. Click mail options.

3. Click general preferences%26gt;type in the name you want to show in your mail.

4. Click Save to put your new settings into effect.



For “all new yahoo mail”

1. Click Options in the upper-right corner of your Yahoo! Mail page.

2. Under “Management”, click General Preferences.

3. Right at the top, in the “From name:” type in the name you want to show.

4. Click Save to put your new settings into effect.

NOTE: SOME MEMBERS HAVE HAD A PROBLEM FINDING THE “MANAGEMENT” BUTTON” (GLITCH?) THEN YOU NEED TO SWITCH BACK TO YAHOO MAIL CLASSIC AND FOLLOW THE INFO ABOVE. To switch back to ';all new yahoo mail'; see the link below.

http://help.yahoo.com/tutorials/cg/mail/…

No comments:

Post a Comment