Tuesday, May 31, 2011

How do I connect my Vista laptop to my TV with an HDMI cable?

Both my TV and my laptop have a place to put an HDMI cable, and when I plug them into each other and restart my computer nothing happens. I can change the display settings on the computer so that the tv is an extension of my laptop screen, and it shows up fine, but that isn't what I want. I want the TV to show the computer screen and to produce the audio. How can I do that?How do I connect my Vista laptop to my TV with an HDMI cable?
Yor laptop may have a video only HDMI output. You should be able to right-click on the desktop and change the settings to produce a screen on your tv. Don't set it as an extension, but as a secondary or primary.How do I connect my Vista laptop to my TV with an HDMI cable?
Turn on your TV and PC first. Plug the cable into the TV (you can leave it plugged in) and select HDMI as your input using your remote control.



Then plug the cable into your PC and it should automatically display on your TV.



PCTVCables.com

No comments:

Post a Comment