Saturday, November 20, 2010

Desktop icons won't move after I changed display settings. Well, they stay on left side of desktop...?

I reverted back to old settings and I still can't drag and drop them where I want them...I've seen this on other computers, but didn't know how to fix it...what's the dealy?Desktop icons won't move after I changed display settings. Well, they stay on left side of desktop...?
right click from your desktop select Arrange Icons %26gt; and then uncheck the Auto arrange. Now u can move around !!Desktop icons won't move after I changed display settings. Well, they stay on left side of desktop...?
On anypart of the desktop (empty space - not on an icon ....):



Right Click mouse -%26gt; Arrange Icons by -%26gt;

untick 'Auto Arrange Icons by'
Try to go to your display properties and do to desktop%26gt;Customize Desktop%26gt;Web%26gt; Uncheck Lock Desktop items
Maybe you should restart the computer. That might help.
Right click on your desktop and at the top it says ';Active Desktop';, when the menu comes up there if you look down the list you will see ';lock desktop items';. I'll bet you have that checked. Just uncheck it.



Hope that helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment