Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Is there a way to change the settings of my monitor display to look better?

I was just wondering..since i'm into graphic arts and photoshop, so color matters and mistakes matter.



So my dad has a mac book that has a very good quality display and shows colors more vibrantly and not too bright. When i look at my art i did on my PC i find the pencil shades that i didnt see on my monitor on my PC -_-;

Unfortunately, my PC/monitor looks too bright and i dont know how to change the display settings to make it look nicer...i've tried going to the settings and whatever...but its always brightness/contrast...when i lower brightness it looks too dark then??

I'm using a windows vista..

I don't want to mess with the toggles on the monitor..makes it seem worse.





The mac is set as highest brightness and it looks totally fine...



Any suggestions?Is there a way to change the settings of my monitor display to look better?
generally adjusting just brightness is not enough, you should start with the contrast setting at the maximum and brightness at a little above the ';comfortable'; level. then adjust contrast down (image will also go slightly darker) until you see clear borders between contrasting colors (black and white, red and green, blue and yellow). then adjust brightness as you need.



i'm guessing your pc monitor is a little older, is it a CRT monitor? old monitors go ';burnt'; with age, their image goes blurry, it's especially hard to see gray contours on a white background (pencil shades). if it's an LCD, it VERY much matters at what angle (especially vertically) you are looking at it.Is there a way to change the settings of my monitor display to look better?
your monitor maybe broken...if your other setting is correct

No comments:

Post a Comment