Monday, November 22, 2010

How do I change the settings on my TI-83 Plus so it doesn't display decimals in scientific notation?

Any time it displays a number less than one with at least three zeros after the decimal point, it is displayed in scientific notation. For example, .0001 shows up as 1E-4, and .00027 as 2.7E-4.



In the MODE menu, I have the first line set to Normal and the second line set to Float. Any help would be appreciated.How do I change the settings on my TI-83 Plus so it doesn't display decimals in scientific notation?
I don't believe you can. It's specifically programmed to be like that so that it can not only display more significant digits, but also display the first significant digit if there are more than like 10 0's before the first digit after the decimal.How do I change the settings on my TI-83 Plus so it doesn't display decimals in scientific notation?
just stop bein lazy and move the decimal places in your head

No comments:

Post a Comment