Monday, November 22, 2010

How do I restore my default display settings on an HP laptop?

Yesterday I was watching a video on GOM player and tried to use a hot key for the audio (which was ctrl+alt+down). But when I pressed those keys, the screen blacked out for a second and the resolution became smaller. I have tried going into the control panel and changing the display settings, but I get a message saying that ';the currently selected graphics display driver can not be used...the system has been started using the default VGA driver.'; Also, when the display settings window pops up, only one monitor is displayed, and it is labeled ';2.'; Normally, there are two monitors and one would be ';1'; and the other ';2.'; Is there a way to just restore the settings somehow? I've tried using system restore but that did nothing and only wasted so much time.How do I restore my default display settings on an HP laptop?
Go to start screen, right click any blank spot, click properties, click setting tab, adjust resolution, click apply and save. Done.

No comments:

Post a Comment