Saturday, November 20, 2010

How can I switch my Display setting on my computer to Clone CRT?

I bought a PC to TV converter and i plugged everything in correctly but I just got the Background of the Desktop to display on the TV. They said I had to change the display settings on my computer to Clone CRT? I don't know what that is. I am using a Sony Vaio laptop.How can I switch my Display setting on my computer to Clone CRT?
Adjusting your Display Settings to ';Clone CRT'; is not the correct answer. That setting is used to make dual monitors have the same desktop on both screens.



What you probably need to do is adjust your ';resolution'; to the TV output to 640x480 or possibly 800x600. You do this by going to the Display Setting in Control Panel and looking at the resolution settings to the TV and adjusting them accordingly.



The problem with most TVs is they aren't capable of displaying high-res settings so you have to lower the resolution in order to see the full desktop.



You'll probably be disappointed in what the picture on the TV looks like after you lower the resolution, but that's about as good as it gets on TVs with a ';composite'; type of cable feed.How can I switch my Display setting on my computer to Clone CRT?
It is Function F8 on a dell laptop but I have seen it as Function F5 on others. So I would try both of those unless you get an asnwer for a Vaio owner

No comments:

Post a Comment