Saturday, November 20, 2010

Problems with display properties after resetting laptop to manufacturer settings?

I got a dell inspiron 3100 and had it reset to manufacturer settings to wipe everything clean. I never had a virus on it, it just had accumulated so much clutter in the registry that I didn't know no longer what was safe to delete and what wasn't--I got it back yesterday. I was trying to change the display settings to customize it to my needs and I noticed that it stalls. When I want to change a setting it just won't do it and worst of all, I cannot do anything after that and have to turn the machine off manually. Since the laptop came pre-loaded with XP home edition am I somewhat baffled and do not know what to look at--I am thinking that it might just be a setting that needs to be re-configurated, but I don't know which one. I really would appreciate if someone could tell me where to go and what to look for. I am legally blind and my computer is more than just a toy--I have to load a reader software for a reading machine onto it, and am afraid to do so before this issue is fixed.

To explain: I went to display via properties on the desktop, and when that didn't work I tried it via the control panel. The only real problem I have is the font--I need to set it to Arial Black in Windows or I need to do so in display---and I do not know how to do that in Windows. Any help is totally appreciated!!! Thanks....Problems with display properties after resetting laptop to manufacturer settings?
Since this is a Dell you will also have to install the add-ons. The base XP CD you get is not personalized necessarily for the laptop. Look for another CD that will contain the additional drivers and utilities.



The problem you have is that the video drivers are not installed that are specific to your machine.



Alternatively, go to www.dell.com, and go to the support web page. Download the latest video drivers for your system.



Good luck.
  • blow out at the hair salon
  • housesforsalebyowner amos
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment