Monday, November 22, 2010

How should i connect my ps3 to onkyo 805? i also have a sony vplw40 projector hooked up to 805. please help me

the picture dosent show up on the projector screen . should i change display settings in my ps3 ? please help meHow should i connect my ps3 to onkyo 805? i also have a sony vplw40 projector hooked up to 805. please help me
More info, please. How do you have it hooked up now? Do you hear sound from your speakers but no picture, or no picture AND no sound...



I can't find the projector model you mention in google. Is it the VPL-VW40?



If that is your projector, then your best hook up for sound and picture with these 3 components is an HDMI cable from the PS3 to the receiver and another HDMI from the rcvr to the tv.

There are many other combos of connectors you could use, but that will be the best. The PS3 has to be set to HDMI output, so if you are using an HDMI now you may want to temporarily connect the stock PS3 cable to the tv and see if you get a display that way.



No offense, but I'm assuming you know your way around the TV's and rcvr's input/output settings. If not you may have it hooked up correctly right now but just not be seeing it.How should i connect my ps3 to onkyo 805? i also have a sony vplw40 projector hooked up to 805. please help me
HDMI.....
I have the Onkyo 805 and my PS3 hooked up. You need to go into the Onkyo setup (it will bring up an onscreen guide) and you need to select ';HDMI TV Out'; or something like that. It's in your owners manual and should be easy to find the section in the ';Set-Up section';



I shoudl warn you that when you do select HDMI Video out, that when your reciever is turned off, the reciever for some strange reason burns 63 watts of power per hour. (About 5.00/month) and the reciever will always run hot.



I have my HDMI picture turned off and it runs very cool, but then again I have mine hooked up to a TV with component only.



Don't adjust the display settings yet on the PS3 till you get the reciever setup, if your still not getting a picture, then adjust the resolution on the PS3 to the native resolution of the projector.
You need to do 2 things.



First, you need to enable the HDMI output on your PS3.



Second, you need to go into the menu on the receiver and set whatever source your PS3 is on to use whatever input you have it plugged into.



Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment