Thursday, September 22, 2011

How can I be able to change the display brightness on my Dell Studio 1737?

So, I had done a little digging around before about this issue I'm having, and here's the scoop:



Before I was able to control the brightness of my Studio 17 just fine. It wasn't til I bought a new laptop that I realized that the display on my 17 was really dim. (I used it mostly at night, so that's why I never noticed it.) I opened up the QuickSet and yeah, there was no option for display brightness. Anyway, I had previously looked up this issue, and what I read on some forum, was that upon upgrading to SP 2, it would disable the brightness control. They recommended re-installing the video drivers (which ones are the video drivers anyway? The ones that control the graphics?), but I just wanted to make sure before I started messing with it. Does this sound accurate, or could it be something else? What can I do to regain control of the brightness settings?How can I be able to change the display brightness on my Dell Studio 1737?
have you tried holding the fn key and pressing the buttons that look like the sun?

in most cases the arrows keys
  • server
  • cat
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment