Thursday, September 22, 2011

Windows Vista problem (my daughter uses my computer while my login is still active.. how do I change settings?

I was accustomed to XP. When one person signed on the other was already automatically logged off. But with VISTA my daughter wont listen and just sits down (she does not live here this is during her short visits from next door) and I will be in another room and she just turns on her log in and in her mind to do that I must be logged off but Vista is not like that... HELP. I need advice quick on how to set this Vista to ask for a password every time it goes to sleep... I go to control panel and CAN NOT FIND the display that I am accustomed to using. HELP.... Why did they change something that worked?Windows Vista problem (my daughter uses my computer while my login is still active.. how do I change settings?
When you click on the start button at the bottom left of the screen, you will see your profile picture at the top of the menu. Just click on that. It will let you put set a password for your profile. To set it so that it will return to the login screen after it sleeps or after you return from a screensaver then I believe you either need to go to the power settings, or the screensaver settings. But I believe it should be under the power settings.Windows Vista problem (my daughter uses my computer while my login is still active.. how do I change settings?
Click the start button at the bottom left,



then go to



Control Panel // User Accounts // Create Password in that order.



Here you can set a PW so she can't log in.
To change or add a password on vista, go to the start menu and at the top of the menu is a picture..with the mouse click on the picture, when it comes up you can change your picture, password and other things too...hope this helps!!
go to control panel click on user accounts and family safety, click on change windows password, click on turn user account control on or off, check the box then press ok. you must first have an account and create a password to prevent others to use your computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment