Tuesday, September 13, 2011

My laptop screen is tinted red, how do I change the colour settings on my monitor to reduce red overall?

I want to edit how my monitor is displayed, I have a dell studio 15 (i think) maybe 35, i can't remember, anyway, does anyone happen to know how to change monitor settings so that I can reduce redness? I haven't been able to find it anywhere, I'm running windows vista (sadly). Someone said that this helps the viewing, so I'm willing to give it a try.My laptop screen is tinted red, how do I change the colour settings on my monitor to reduce red overall?
Laptop screens typically do not have color controls because they are pre-configured with the laptop. Desktop monitors have a row of buttons on the bottom or side that bring up a menu with display options, and tube monitors have dials. You may have a bad screen where some part is physically broken or not working properly. If it is under warranty, bring to it the store and have them look at it.



If it is not under warranty, you could open the screen casing and check the cables connecting the screen to the rest of the computer are fully inserted. It is possible that the cable carrying blue or green are not fully inserted, so only the red gets through. If you don't want to open it up, you could bring it to a repair shop where they can determine if you need a new screen or just a quick repair

No comments:

Post a Comment