Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Multiple displays: how to change location of where Alerts and Confirmation boxes open?

I have two 22'; LCD monitors connected to my desktop. The display is set up so that the desktop spills horizontally - each monitor has a different output.



Whenever a new window opens, or an Alert or Confirmation box opens, it always opens in the middle of the two monitors. Half of the window is on one monitor, the other half is on the other monitor.



I have a space between my monitors - my monitors do not touch. So I always have to move this alert box before I can read it.



How can I change my dual display settings, or my Windows settings, so that all new windows and alerts open in the middle of one of my monitors, rather than in between the two monitors?



I am operating on Windows XP 64-Bit.



Thank you for the assistance.Multiple displays: how to change location of where Alerts and Confirmation boxes open?
go to start menu then control panel then display then settings then advanced.

That should bring you into your video card management screen. Depending on your particular video card brand there should be a setting in there that allows you to control where programs and screens open by default.

If you tell what kind of video card you have installed it will be easier to tell you exactly how you can fix it.

No comments:

Post a Comment