Tuesday, September 13, 2011

How do we changed our display name for adminstrator account?

I want to changed the display name for my adminstrator account on a computer. I dont know how to do that. Can somebody show me step by step? Even when i go into user account settings, they only let me changed the password to it.How do we changed our display name for adminstrator account?
Epicwolf: go to this link and follow the instructions...http://www.auburn.edu/oit/hardware_softw



Colanth quit giving bad info. to these people asking questions, how did you become a TC?



Hope to have been of assistance to you...



I'm a Certified Technician.How do we changed our display name for adminstrator account?
The name for the administrator account on Windows is administrator. Other accounts can be administrative, but that's not the administrator account (which has more power).



You can't change the ame on a Windows account. You can create a new account with the new name.
It is not generally practiced to be changing it but in both Vista and XP go to your Options, System, System properties and there is a button to change your computer name. In Vista it is under advanced system settings. You can always make another user account and give it full administrator rights and possibly delete the original but I never tried.



try checking Microsoft site for more

No comments:

Post a Comment